latest news & activities
Asmara Scholarship Fund is a pool of donations dedicated to scholarships for girls, especially orphans, in developing countries, especially in Asia and Africa, who would otherwise not be able to go to school. The scholarship fund will afford the girls the opportunity to go to school and cover the cost of their education for the entire year, and if necessary, also pay for transportation to school and lunch.
During early April 2012, several young girls who are currently living in the shelter home run by Fr. Ray Foundation in Pattaya, Thailand received scholarships as part of the Asmara Scholarship Fund. To remain in the program, a girl must complete the school year with satisfactory grades and attendance.
Manipur, a small state with a population of only 2.4 million in the northeast region of India, has the highest concentration of HIV infection in the country.
Hope is Life Foundation’s School Sponsorship Program, will work with the villagers and the management of the Borni Memorial School in Pangantabi village, Thoubal district, Imphal, Manipur to repair and add new classrooms for the school.
Most of the villagers are farmers. Their family income depends on the annual harvest. The farmers live on an average of less than US$1 a day. Hope is Life Foundation continues to raise necessary funding for this project.
AN UPDATE: Latest News of our trip. November 2011. Hope is Life Foundation has initiated several projects with local organizations in Haiti to rebuild and create vibrant communities where children can enjoy academic and moral education. Our aim is to empower local communities to participate in and sustain the development process.
Students from two schools in Fairport, New York (Northside Elementary School and Martha Brown Middle School) and a youth group in Ithaca, New York wrote more than 200 letters to students in Haiti, connecting them to learn more about their culture, to bond in friendship, and experience the joy of helping others. (please visit GALLERY for pictures)
Hope is Life Foundation is working with International Full Gospel Fellowship in Pujehun district in Sierra Leone, Africa to identify and provide micro loans to women guardians who are willing to take care of orphans to provide shelter and provide education.
Sierra Leone in the recent past has taken a big stride to rebuild the minds of people with significant
improvements on peace building and social developments. This community was ravaged and citizens remained in hostages by rebels for sex slaves, hard labor etc for nearly ten years during the civil war.
Our Foundation will provide micro loan to woman guardians taking care orphans to provide welfare and educational support and to make sure they attend school. These loan will be used to start their own business to generate revenue.
latest news & activities
- ASMARA SCHOLARSHIP FUND BRINGS HOPE FOR GIRLS IN THAILAND
- SUSTAINING COMMUNITY INITIATIVES – Pig Farming – Building School
- HOPE FOR HAITI Project
- MICRO LOANS TO WOMEN GUARDIANS IN SIERRA LEONE, Africa
- SUSTAINING BUTTERFLY PROJECT – AFTER ASIAN TSUNAMI
- HIV-INFECTED VIETNAMESE CHILDREN RECEIVE CARE AND HOPE
- PROVIDES DRINKING WATER FOR KAREN TRIBE CHILDREN IN MAE SOT, THAILAND
- OPENING – LEARNING CENTER IN CAMBODIA
- ROTARY CLUB OF FAIRPORT, NEW YORK, SPONSORS a new library in THAILAND
- TEENAGE GIRL SOLD TO BROTHEL now a SOCIAL WORKER
- HELPING ABUSED CHILDREN IN NIGERIA
- SPONSORING VILLAGE CHILDREN IN INDIA – ATTENDING SCHOOL
- VILLAGE DAY CARE CENTERS GET EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
- NEW LIBRARY OPENED IN AN INDIAN VILLAGE
- TEENAGE GIRLS RESCUED IN KOLKATA RECEIVE EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
- TSUNAMI VICTIMS RECEIVE HELP – ASIA 2005
- FROM A CONTINENT AWAY – Natascha Yogachandra
- HOPE THROUGH PUPPETS – helping Tsunami victims
- THE BUTTERFLY PROJECT
- Fairport Girl is Inspiring Others
- With hope comes life – 3
- With hope comes life – 2
- With hope comes life – page 1
- Fairport teen changing the world, one life at a time
- The Community Service Girl – page 2
- The Community Service Girl – page 1
- Girl Leaves to Help Tsunami Victims
- Maharashtra Newspaper, India
- Natascha receives Nicolas Green Award
- Life Lessons through Sweat and Hope
- She is Kind Beyond her Years
- In Tsunami’s Wake Victims Grope
- There and Back again
- Another honor for youth
- Fairport Family on a Mission
- Lankan Girl from USA donates Tsunami Aid
- Visitor to Sri Lanka Worries anew
- Books around the world
- There was nothing left, not even rubble
Visit Hope is Life YouTube Channel
Hope is Life YouTube Channel at Youtube